08:50 – 09:00
09:00 – 09:30
Keynote address: Tackling emerging risk on the horizon
09:30 – 10:10
Regulatory panel: Addressing regulatory fragmentation in the ASEAN region
- How has regulatory fragmentation impacted the ASEAN region
- How we seen evidence that regulatory fragmentation leads to financial instability?
- How to reduce the gap between global and local standards to ensure consistency in implementation
- What would a risk-based framework benefit the recognition of the comparability of derivatives regulatory regimes?
10:10 – 10:40
10:40 – 11:20
Executive panel: How can risk managers stay ahead of the curve?
- How prepared is the ASEAN industry for the looming Basel IV deadline?
- Defining non-financial risks: who’s held responsible?
- New risks introduced by disruptive technology
- Should risk functions be restructured to embrace change?
11:20 – 11:50
Deep Dive: Margin reform phase V and VI: a reality check
- Current challenges facing banks in ASEAN banks
- Convergence of demand for non-cash collateral across bilateral and triparty activities
- Adoption of a fully integrated collateral management model for various collateralization
- Combining the management of IM and VM within the same function
- Lessons learnt from developed markets
11:50 – 12:30
Spitfire showcase: the ASEAN risk innovator
4 risk managers from banks across the ASEAN region are invited to present an innovative case study in which they achieved significant cost reduction, efficiency gain and/or improved regulatory compliance through technology and streamlined workflow.
Each risk manager will be given 10 minutes to present their innovation.
12:30 – 13:30
13:30 – 14:10
Panel discussion: LIBOR transition– How can ASEAN prepare for it?
- What are the challenges to processes involving long-dated instruments referencing LIBOR?
- Impact on valuation methodologies
- Renegotiate existing contracts
- Revisit market risk profile and hedging strategies
- What is the timeline industry should follow?
14:10 – 14:50
Panel discussion: Tackling challenges in AML detection and prevention
- The current challenges in ensuring cross‐border compliance in light of the changing regulatory requirements
- The role of technology in identifying financial crime motivations and typologies
- What are the risks and opportunities in the deployment fintech solutions?
- Benchmarking your AML efforts against international investigation standards
- Cross-function collaboration in fighting financial crime
14:50 – 15:20
Industry spotlight: Are ASEAN banks ignoring climate change?
- Reasons for slow adoption of ESG integration amongst ASEAN banks
- How to assess climate-related risks embedded in banks’ portfolios
- Integrating ESG principles in product and services – where to start?
- ESG risks in client and transaction approval
15:20 – 15:40
15:40 – 16:10
Live polling and Q&A panel: The next generation of AI/Machine learning adoption in risk management
A line-up of AI experts will diagnose the current issues in the AI/ML adoption in risk management. Delegates will be able to submit questions to our panel of experts through sli.do. Discussion will cover:
- Purpose of for AI adoption: cost reduction, efficiency, top-line growth or product differentiation?
- Winning strategies in presenting business justification
- How to overcome data quality/standardization challenges
- Analyse large amounts of data while maintaining granularity of analysis
- Practical applications and potential challenges
16:10 – 17:00
The “ASEAN VOICE” roundtables
Delegates will be asked to break into 6 roundtables, each hosted by a subject matter expert to drive industry conversations. The discussions aim at identifying key challenges, solutions and establishing priorities for moving the ASEAN financial industry forward.
- Roundtable A: Climate risks
- Roundtable B: Machine Learning
- Roundtable C: Geopolitical risks
- Roundtable D: Regtech
- Roundtable E: LIBOR transition
- Roundtable F: Non-financial risk
17:00 – 17:30
The “ASEAN VOICE” roundtable: Harvest panel
Roundtable hosts will join a thought-provoking panel discussion, acting as a voice to represent their respective working groups and establish way forward
17:30 – 17:35
17:35 – 17:35