Risk Asean 2023 agenda
09:00 – 09:10
Chairperson’s opening remarks
09:10 – 09:30
Keynote panel: Adjusting for the ever-changing risk environment
- The current landscape of emerging risks within ASEAN
- Where to place priorities with continually changing risks and new factors?
- Building greater partnerships across ASEAN to stay ahead of risks
- What are the new opportunities coming from the current risk domain?
10:10 – 10:40
Regulatory highlights: How to manage the current regulatory domain
- What are the main concerns around regulations around ASEAN?
- How to implement proper systems to manage regulatory risks?
- What are the best practices for reporting regulatory risks?
- Gaining greater visibility across all risks within an organization
10:40 – 11:10
11:10 – 11:50
Sustainable and transition financing: Finding opportunities in uncertainty
- The nuanced challenges of the ASEAN markets pertaining to sustainable financing
- How to properly assess companies and helping with the transition from brown to green?
- Managing risks that are involved with financing different types of companies
- What is the role of data in helping make better decisions?
11:50 – 12:20
Credit models: Building viable models for the long haul
- How has the current economic environment affected the approach to credit models?
- Navigating through credit decisioning with unknown factors
- How can climate risk considerations be implemented into credit models?
- Building a robust model to withstand different stress environments
12:20 – 12:45
C-Suite chat: Integrating ESG into business models
- What are the current measures implemented to handle ESG risk?
- What are the challenges when facing ESG?
- What are the drivers for change to think about ESG factors?
- The new business models to account for ESG
12:45 – 14:00
14:00 – 14:10
Chairperson’s opening remarks
14:10 – 14:40
Debate: Does AI benefits outweigh the risks?
- How has AI benefitted the risk managers in handling risks?
- Which risks have been better managed because of AI?
- How can financial institutions detect programmatic errors and algorithmic bias?
- The regulatory considerations to have when implementing AI
- Has AI made financial institutions more prone to cyber risks?
14:40 – 15:40
The “ASEAN VOICE” roundtables
Delegates will be asked to break into 6 roundtables, each hosted by a subject matter expert to drive industry conversations. The discussions aim at identifying key challenges, solutions and establishing priorities for moving the ASEAN financial industry forward.
- Managing credit risk in volatile environments
- The way forward with FRTB
- Climate risk modelling
- Fraud risk
- The applications of machine learning in financial institutions
- The role of data in risk management
15:40 – 16:20
The “ASEAN VOICE” roundtables insights: How to move together as ASEAN?
- What are the key takeaways from each of the top industry trends?
- What are the agreed priorities to strike a balance between risk and innovation?
- How to embrace upcoming trends in regulations, risk management and use of disruptive technology?
- Wrap-up live polling on audience’s sentiments on prospects of risk and innovation